We took delivery of our first CNC Water Jet Cutting Machine in 2017. But since then, as our in-house fabrication department has grown, we’ve added a further machine capable of holding larger-sized sheet materials. This expansion means we can efficiently service our customer’s fabrication needs in Picton and beyond.
Having a selection of machines to use is excellent for our customers.
- Firstly, it means we can accept a variety of work. No matter whether it’s a large production run, or a one-off item, whatever you need to cut, we can almost certainly do the job.
- With two different machines, we can use them for different materials. Ensuring there is minimised risk of cross-contamination.
- And then, of course, there is efficiency. We use our two machines alongside each other, meaning there is minimal downtime in our water jet-cutting department. With the ability to continue after hours, we can eliminate those emergencies when necessary.
What do the CNC Machines Cut?
Apart from toughened glass, our CNC Water Jet Cutting Machine will cut almost anything! It will cut materials up to 200mm thick, from paper, foam, and rubber to wood, marble and all sheet metals. We’ve even cut a celebratory chocolate cake with it!
Water Jet Cutting for different types of projects:
We help our commercial clients in Picton and beyond with everything from one-off projects or hard-to-find parts through to large production runs in the manufacturing, aero, medical, and food processing industries to art and sculpture design. We’ve manufactured personalised entrance ways and furniture for schools and councils.
Here, once again, the world is our client’s oyster! We complete a wide and varied range of jobs for residential clients. Some of our more recent projects include decorative garden screens and bespoke garden gates.
From Design to Reality:
When you commission a project using our water jet cutting services, our CAD designers can create a design that can bring your ideas to life. Or you can bring along a CAD design you’ve commissioned elsewhere. A DXF file format is perfect for transferring straight to our machine.
Exclusive Intelli-MAX® Software with real-world cutting data allows us to price your project before it is cut. We can also provide a proof of your design in a cheaper material, such as coreflute or ply.
Man + Machine = Perfect Projects:
We’re proud of the precision cutting projects and manufacturing we supply for our clients in Picton and beyond. We achieve great results with a combination of both skill and first-class machinery.
Our operators are highly skilled and trained in computers and design. They are knowledgeable in both maths and CNC programming. The machines are fantastic, but any device is only as good as the information provided, so our operators need absolute attention to detail. We ensure this is the case with an in-house training programme for CNC Water Jet operators, and we support this with training from our international suppliers.
When it comes to precision water jet cutting, the machine’s quality is also an essential factor. Our machines are manufactured in America and are well-supported with readily available parts ensuring minimal downtime.
Water Jet Cutting – Five Main Benefits:
- Our water jet cutting machines provide fast cutting speeds and high precision at up to 60000 psi (your household tap is around 50psi).
- Water cutting offers better precision with a superior finish for components ready to add to your fabrication process. For metals, it saves on costly labour-driven procedures and further preparation that some laser, plasma and heat-driven cutting requires. You will not get heat-affected zoning around the cut edge of the product. This means you can cut out preparatory grinding and go straight to the welding process.
- We can offer different qualities of cuts to meet your needs and budget.
- This environmentally friendly cutting system uses only natural garnet abrasive and water in the cutting process. The operator has no fumes to deal with, ensuring a safer environment to work in.
- We can cut materials to within 3 to 4 mm between items giving maximum use of material. We have minimum scrap material left over in large runs.
If you have a design or manufacturing project that needs precision cutting, we can help. We’re based in Picton but work with clients throughout New Zealand and internationally. Contact us HERE.